Taking a break for a few days to let the hull paint cure, I helped Jon build some Adirondack Chairs and a table, which look real nice. Jon's Chairs
After a little surprise flipping the boat back, the masking and painting went very fast. A couple more coats and I'll be ready to let it cure for doing the pin striping.
The Deck color is a deep burgundy that is not picked up very well in these pics. Hopefully its true color will show up better on camera once we get it outside in a flash-free environment. Not quite the same paint, (that was discontinued) but an attempt to achieve the same color as we used on Bryan's Kayak a few years ago. What a delicious color, it is.
Coat #3 is looking much better. Had a little issue with dust and trash for coat One and Two. Hopefully Coat Four will be a charm.
I was simply getting too much trash in the paint from the cloth nap rollers. The last three coats were done with foam and it is looking sweet. This last coat is almost perfect and what isn't perfect, will buff out, nicely.
After Seven coats of Burgundy, I pulled the masking tape to let her sit for a few days before buffing and finally, masking for pin-striping.