Runabout Final Fitting
So, yesterday was the big day. Sean came up to visit in hopes of seeing Aunt Debi and got rooked into working on the boat all day. Poor Suzanne and the kids were all excited about a boat ride and at the very end, we had to cancel out, for lack of a single small screw. The particular screw in question, held the throttle bracket in place and of course is crucial to the throttle actually working.
Yesterday may have ended badly, but today went smoothly. I ran to Wyoming with the kids after work and the good folks at Hallberg Marine, fixed me up with not only the screw in question, but a retaining spring I didn't know about, either. A Trailer winch, a winching strap and some replacement rubber for various parts of the trailer later and we were on our way back home. Working to install all that, took the rest of the evening and now, presumably when we go to the river tomorrow, the battery and or boat won't blow up when we finally connect the battery and energize the system.
Also, I managed to get the tie-down strap around the engine cowling properly to keep that tilted up without the help of Sean who so valiantly did the honors three or four times, yesterday. All it takes is a 2x4 to hold Engine in place while getting the strap ready.